Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trains

I know I have made many less-than-flattering observations about Romania (in other words, I complain like a ninny) but there is one thing that I love: the trains.  I wish we had trains like this in the U.S.  Or California more specifically.  There is something so liberating about getting on a train, knowing that you don't have to worry over parking or filling the gas tank or how many ounces of fluid you have in your suitcase and whether or not you will have to endure the hairs growing between your brows while you are on vacation because you are not allowed to bring tweezers on an airplane. (could someone really not defend themselves against tweezers?) No traffic jams, no pot holes, just the soothing rhythm of the wheels on the tracks and the luxury of listening to your MP3 while the landscape rushes by.
Trains, I love you.










No comments: