Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Village Life part 9: Snow Days

During the last snowstorm the road into our village became impassable.  It was so bad that one afternoon the national roads were officially closed.  Which didn't stop people from driving on them.  I know cars were on the road because someone used one to hit our dog.  A car I mean.
The dog is fine which only served to reinforce in the driver's mind that he was not only completely justified in using roads that are closed but speeding on them as well.
Figures.
Walking around Obedin became even more hazardous than before which I had not thought possible.
In the end it was alright because the kids didn't have to venture out after all. THE SCHOOLS WERE CLOSED.
Oh glory.
How to spend all that free time...
if you scroll fast so it's like a movie
or not














Once again I've over done it with the photos.

I apologize.  (I type the words but my heart doesn't really feel the remorse).

You might recognize this house.  Or, if you're one of the readers who has a life (all of you I hope), you might not.
It's the house next door which is now technically ours since we apparently purchased it.  You'd think I would know more details about these major acquisitions but I don't.  

It's currently unihabited which makes it the perfect Snowball Fight Battle Ground.  I think eventually Maru and his family will move there which will make us neighbors.  I have only one request of him: no Euro Disco after midnight.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bought a house in Romania? I thought you're coming back?

Anonymous said...

The boys better enjoy that snow play while they can because they won't get any here.