Monday, January 8, 2018

Sighișoara



I've posted several times about Sighișoara so this time around I feel like it will be more interesting for everyone involved if I just let Griffin and Logan give their thoughts on this mideval citadel city.


Here's what they have to say:

Sighișoara feels a lot smaller than it actually is. For those that don't know it is a city with a fortress in the middle of it. The city is just basic and boring, but the fortress is beautiful. A romanticist's dream city. Most of the shops and cafe's looks like a regular house and has the layout of an average house
to match. We found a really great coffee shop that was just like this. It had great pastries and great coffee. It also had random stuff everywhere that made it look a little like a goodwill for christmas decorations. We guessed it looked like that year round. Inside the fortress, all the paths were cobblestone. It was very nice to look at but not very nice to walk on.
The first day we just walked around Sighișoara, we tried to find all the towers on the fortress wall. The towers was were different occupations would have worked in medieval times. We also found a very aesthetic graveyard. I'm pretty sure I took more pictures of the graveyard then the actual city. As we were walking through the crows and ravens started to caw which made the graveyard feel even more creepy. We also met a very cute puppy who already knew how to make unsuspecting tourists feed him, but the joke was on him because we didn't have any food anyway so we couldn't give any to him even if we wanted too.

I can honestly say I have never stayed in a castle until now. I can also honestly say I have never seen a grown man with a neon green beard in Donald Duck pajamas, blasting some type of EDM through his phone speakers in a decently nice restaurant until now either.

Griffin's photos below:











Here's Logan's take on it:
Sighișoara is a town that makes you feel like you traveled back in time, until you see all of the vendors selling random trinkets on the cobblestone streets. The area we stayed in was the old castle town, which was surrounded by a wall. The rest of the city was outside the walls and looked beautiful from our vantage point in the castle grounds. My favorite part of Sighișoara was the graveyard by the old church because it was an amazing place to take pictures. Like Griffin, I mostly took pictures of the graveyard, because it was such a photogenic place. I took lots of pictures of the crows that were flying about and that were resting in the trees because there were so many of them. The combination of the overcast sky and the crows flying about and making noise resulted in a creepy atmosphere, which I really liked since we were in an old graveyard. I also need to talk about the small puppy that came up to us (more specifically, it came up to Mircea and I, then followed us back to the group), because it was so adorable. It was hard to take pictures of because it was so hyper and constantly was running around. I would say more but Griffin already covered it. I'll probably remember more if anyone asks me about it when I get back to the States.

Logan's photos:









Below are some of Mihai's photos, starting with the hotel we stayed in which is several hundred years old with gloriously creepy floors and a restaurant in the cellar which isn't used in the winter. The restroom is down there but nothing else is (or is there?) you're guaranteed never to pee so fast in your life.













No comments: